· 1 1/2 Pounds Ground Lamb (not to lean)
· 1/2 cup finely processed panko bread crumbs
· 1/2 cup diced shallots or red onion (sauté’ for 5 minutes in olive oil)
· 2 tablespoons milk
· 1 large whole egg
· 2 cloves fresh minced garlic
· 1 teaspoon kosher salt
· 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
· 3 tablespoon chopped fresh mint (optional but preferred)
· 1 teaspoon Greek oregano or a substitute
· 4 ounces soften goat cheese with one teaspoon olive oil
1. Combine the lamb, bread crumbs, egg and milk in a medium bowl gently together. Set aside for 5 minutes and let the bread crumbs absorb the mixture. Add the shallots, garlic, salt, pepper and fresh mint and mix well but don’t overwork. Set aside for next step.
2. Take the soften goat cheese along with the olive oil, and oregano until you create a nicely combined cheese spread texture.
3. Divide your lamb mixture into 6 equal portions. Taking one portion of lamb at a time make an indent in the middle of the meat and fill with a nice tablespoon of the cheese mixture. Proceed to form a burger patty around the cheese encapsulating it. Repeat step with remaining portions of lamb.
4. Cook on a pre-heated outdoor grill or inside on a coated fry pan to your liking. Serve them topped with Greek Tzatziki sauce, what a treat. Enjoy In Good Health!